Friday, July 15, 2011

The Perils Of Pursuing A Prince

The Perils of Pursuing a Prince (Desperate Debutantes, #2)The Perils of Pursuing a Prince by Julia London

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


OMG...I hated Owen Percy's presence in this book with a passion. I kept thinking "Ok, when's this jerk gonna get written out?!"

I got the sense of Jane Eyre or something whilst reading it. I think it's because of the dark and stormy setting it's taking place in. The characters are nothing like it, although there is some Beast in Mr Rochester from Jane Eyre, and a lot of beast in Rhodrick. Where Jane Eyre is a frumpy field mouse, Greer is a brunette beauty, I guess.

As far as the romance & the sex scenes... just the right amount of both. I'm not so sure why they fell in love, other than that they were in a remote setting for a few weeks together. Sometimes love is strange like that, though.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment