Friday, July 15, 2011

The Devil's Love

The Devil's Love The Devil's Love by Julia London

My rating: 1 of 5 stars


Here's what I wrote in my notes when I was only 119 pages into it:
"No reason why he's so callous & mean. I don't really identify w/ either main character.
Nothing has yet made me want to meet Michael. Their lil squabbles grew increasingly tiresome, really.
I don't understand why Michael was so hostile, because it's not as if Abbey had anything whatsoever
to do w/ both their fathers' lies & deceit. I'm not really intrigued as to why they did it,and don't know if I care to find out.
If I was arguing the way they were, I would not let that man's tongue inside my mouth. I know there's something to be said about
opposites attract and all that, but what kind of woman actually enjoys being degraded and talked down to and then having their mouths
ransacked by a seemingly unfeeling and cold man who recently has proven what a cad he can be? Not me. It seems these two characters don't care,
as long as they can be kissing an unbelievably attractive person. Being homely myself, I don't really identify with this sentiment at all, either. "


The same holds true to now. I got to page 200 before I decided I didn't have time to read about people I don't care about. This is strange because this never happens to me while reading a historical fiction book.

I skipped to the end, and nothing really grabbed at me and said "OH gee, betcha wish you read it all the way through now, huh?!"



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment