Friday, July 15, 2011

If I Stay

If I Stay (If I Stay, #1)If I Stay by Gayle Forman

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I couldn't stop but for two cigarette breaks. This brought laughter out loud to me, and this brought me very near to tears too. Unexpectly.
It was an easy read, I finished in around four hours. At first I didn't really want to get the main character, and like her, I didn't know why the
cool rocker kid was so enamored of her. Soon I realized that sometimes those things happen, and it is a book afterall.
I didn't let it bother me, and enjoyed reading about how cool her family was. What a brave girl she was! This reminded me of Izzy Willy-nilly by Cynthia Voigt. If you enjoy this book, you might want to read that one, since it's about the recovery process after being in the hospital. It was written in the 80s, I think but is still relevant to the here and now.
Throughout the book, she reminded me of myself.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment