Sunday, July 17, 2011

Just Like Heaven, Devil In Winter

Just Like Heaven (Smythe-Smith Quartet)Just Like Heaven by Julia Quinn

My rating: 2 of 5 stars


I'm sure there were about fifty or so pages of the hero being injured, and about fifteen with the hero & heroine kissing & such… so yeah.

It didn't help that I just read Devil in Winter by Lisa Kleypas, because in her story, too, the hero was injured for a long, dragged-out amount of time. Ugh.

It wasn't terrible… it just want's spectacular, either.


Devil in Winter (Wallflowers #3)Devil in Winter by Lisa Kleypas

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


The beginning of this story was kind of rushed, but in a good way. This is a very… shall we say "heated" beginning to a historical romance. I guess you can't expect anything more from such a manwhore, eh? But I guess he's a manwhore with a heart of gold? lol. He wasn't detestable… like some manwhore/rakes can be in these types of books. I didn't really like the intrigue part, the end was kind of a fizzle, too.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment